DIRECTIONS TO MORNINGSIDE CAMPUS
NAVIGATING THE CAMPUS
- Campus location: The Department of Computer Science is split between the Computer Science Building (itself located in the Mudd Engineering Building) and the Schapiro Center for Engineering and Physical Science Research (CEPSR).
- Department office: The department office is at the entrance to the Computer Science Building, itself located in the lobby of the 4th floor of the Mudd Engineering Building. There are doors to Mudd on the 1st floor at 500 West 120th Street (near Amsterdam Avenue). The Mudd doors on the campus level are on the 4th floor. Starting at the main entrance to the campus at Broadway and 116th Street, walk along College Walk and turn left up the steps. At the top of the steps is a large building with a dome: Low Library. Take the walkway to the right of Low Library, and the Mudd building is at the end of this walk. Upon entering Mudd, turn right and then right again. This is the entrance to Computer Science.
Computer Science Building Front Entrance
- CS Conference Room and Lounge: Follow directions to department office, then go through both the double steel-glass doors and double wooden doors, and head down hallway to left. The entrance to the CS lounge and conference room is to the right of the door leading outside to the courtyard.
- Schapiro Center for Engineering and Physical Science Research (CEPSR): is the (modern looking) building just left (or West) of Mudd. Instead of entering the Mudd, turn left and walk up the ramp to CEPSR. The Computer Science Department is located on the 6th and 7th floors.
- Davis Auditorium: The Davis auditorium is on the 4th floor (campus level), room 412 in the Schapiro Center for Engineering and Physical Science Research (Schapiro CEPSR). The building is on 500 West 120th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam, about half-way down the block on the south sideFrom the campus entrance, walk in along College Walk, head north up the steps, go around Low Library and to the back of Uris Hall (the Business School) to reach Davis Auditorium in Schapiro Hall.Entering the building from 120th Street, you will come through a set of iron gates. Right in front of the gate there is an elevator that will take you up to the 4th floor, where the Davis Auditorium is located (you may also use the stairs).
- Interschool Laboratory: The Interschool Laboratory is often used for lectures, program committee meetings and workshops. It is located on the 7th floor of CEPSR (see above). Once you exit the elevator, follow the directional signs.