Computer Science Department Mitel Phones
As of August 2015, we are using Mitel and Internet2 for phone service. Your phone should be an Aastra model.
- Mitel Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 2 pages)
- Mitel Phone Full Guide (PDF, 183 pages)
- Aastra Tutorials and Docs
Hot to Setup Your New Phone
Check Voicemail password and Personal Greeting
- Press Voicemail Button (Top Left Corner)
- Listen to the voice prompt and enter the default voicemail password 282787.
- Create a new password – (6 digit password or more).
- Change your personal greeting
- You’re all set – Please remember your password, you will need it to check your voice messages.
Transfer (XFER) – Soft Key
- Ensure you are on active call with the party you wish to transfer.
- If you are already connected to the transfer recipient, press the Up or Down navigation keys to highlight the recipient and press Xfer softkey to complete the call transfer.
3-Way Conference (Conf) – Soft Key
- Ensure you are on active call with one of the parties with whom you wish to create a conference.
- If you are already connected to the party you wish to conference in, press the Up or Down navigation keys to highlight the conference target and press Conf softkey to complete the 3-way conference.
If you are not connected to the party you wish to conference in, press the Conf softkey, enter the conference target’s number and press the Dial softkey. At any time, press the key or Conf softkey again to complete the 3-way conference.
Press the Redial Hard Key (a key with two up arrows) once to access a list of recently dialed numbers. Use the Up and Down navigation keys to scroll through the entries and the Select key (or Dial softkey) to redial the selected number. Press the key twice to call the last dialed number.
The Call Forward icon displays on the Home screen when the Call Forward feature is enabled. Press CallFwd key, a menu will appear with different options (All Calls, Busy, and No Answer). You can navigate the menu with the Up and Down keys. Insert the number where you want the calls forwarded to and turn the ON check to active it.
Set up your Mitel phone on your mobile & desktop:
- Change Username Password – Softphone (Mobile and Desktop)
Go to: https://xsp3ext.sip.net.internet2.edu/Login/
Username: your cs email address (e.g. email@example.com)
Password: contact CRF <firstname.lastname@example.org>You will be prompted to change your password. Please remember this password and keep it in a safe place.
- Communicator – Softphone Application
Mobile (iPhone and Android)
- Download from the AppStore (Apple) or Google PlayStore (Android) “Clearspan Communicator”.
- Start application and enter the URL: http://app.sip.net.internet2.edu/bc/mobile
- Click OK then enter your username and password you setup up above.
- Click sign in.
Desktop (Windows & Mac)
- Download “Clearspan Communicator”
- Start application and enter the URL: http://app.sip.net.internet2.edu/bc/pc
- Enter your username and password you setup up above.
- Click sign in.