- Fellow, Association for Computational Linguistics.
- IEEE James L. Flanagan Speech and Audio Processing Award.
- International Speech Communication Association Medal for Scientific Achievement.
- Columbia Engineering School Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award.
- Fellow, International Speech Communication Association.
- Honorary Doctorate (Hedersdoktor), KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Stockholm.
- IBM Faculty Award.
- Best Paper Award for a paper appearing in Speech Communication in 2003-2004 (given by EURASIP)
for "Prosodic and other cues to speech recognition failures," Julia Hirschberg, Diane Litman, and Marc
- Fellow, American Association for Artificial Intelligence.
- Best Paper Award, Journal of the American Voice I/O Society (AVIOS).
- IBM Dissertation Fellowship, Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania.
Professor, Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
1214 Amsterdam Avenue
450 CS Building
New York, NY 10027
phone: (212) 939-7114