Hello people! This page contains some answers to questions that I am frequently asked.
Getting to Columbia
- How do I get to your office?
- How do I get to x at Columbia?
Coming to Columbia as a student, postdoc, visitor, researcher, etc.
- I am interested in applying to a computer science or data science degree program at Columbia. Should I do so and what are my chances of getting in?
- Please see the CS department’s admissions webpage and/or the DSI’s admissions webpage. There, you’ll find information about all aspects of the application process (e.g., deadlines, your chances of being admitted), as well as information about the academic programs themselves.
- Some frequently asked questions, already answered for your convenience, can be found by clicking the following links:
- Feel free to mention my name in your application if you are interested in my research. This is a good way to draw my (and others’) attention to your application.
- Unfortunately, I get a lot of emails about admissions and cannot write a personal reply to each one.
- Do you have any internship positions available?
- I do not have internship positions available.
- Do you have any open postdoc positions?
- I do not have any open postdoc positions.
- Can I do a research visit with you for n months? My company/government/self will cover all of my expenses; I will not require a stipend.
- Due to time constraints, I cannot commit to hosting external students or visitors whom I’ve never met or worked with.