I am a computer science Ph.D. student at Columbia University working under Dr. Roxana Geambasu. I'm broadly interested in operating systems, distributed systems, security and privacy. I recently received and will be supported by a Google PhD Fellowship
- Riley Spahn, Jonathan Bell, Michael Z. Lee, Sravan Bhamidipati, Roxana Geambasu, and Gail Kaiser. "Fine-Grained Data Management Abstractions for Modern Operating Systems." In Proceedings of the USENIX Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (OSDI), Broomefield, CO, October 2014. Paper
- Mathias Lecuyer, Guillaume Ducoffe, Francis Lan, Andrei Papancea, Theofilos Petsios, Riley Spahn, Augustin Chaintreau, and Roxana Geambasu. "XRay: Increasing the Web's Transparency with Differential Correlation." In Proceedings of the USENIX Security Symposium, San Diego, CA, August 2014. Paper
- Lane Harrison, Riley Spahn, Mike Iannacone, Evan Downing and John Goodall. "NV: Nessus Vulnerability Visualization for the Web. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec), 2012.Paper
Google, Mountain View, CA (May 2014 - August 2014)
I worked as a software engineering intern on the Android platform security team to improve system access control. I moved much of the ad hoc access control into centralized and auditable SELinux Policy. Some of my contributions to AOSP were included in Lollipop.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN (June 2014 - August 2014, May 2014 - December 2014)
I worked in the Cyberspace Science and Information Intelligence Research Group (CSIIR) with Erik Ferragut and John Goodall. I built distributed systems applications for log analysis and data analytics using the Storm framework and NodeJS. I also worked on a system call based anomaly detection system.
Auburn University, Auburn, AL (February 2011 - May 2012)
At Auburn I worked under Dr. Xiao Qin and Dr. Orlando Acevedo Under Dr. Acevedo I built a framework for molecular dynamics simulation framework parallelized using NVIDIA's CUDA architecture. In Dr. Qin's lab I worked on writing projects for a future Hadoop based distributed systems class.
- Course Manager - COMS W4156: Advanced Software Engineering, Columbia University (CVN), Summer 2015
- Head TA - COMS W4156: Advanced Software Engineering, Columbia University, Fall 2014
- Course Manager - COMS W4156: Advanced Software Engineering, Columbia University (CVN), Summer 2014
- Course Manager - COMS W4156: Advanced Software Engineering, Columbia University (CVN), Spring 214
- Head TA - COMS W4156: Advanced Software Engineering, Fall 2013
- Columbia University, Ph.D. Computer Science
- January 2013 - Present
- Columbia University, M.S. Computer Science
- January 2014 - February 2015
- Auburn University, B.S. Software Engineering
- August 2008 - May 2012