Account creation/extension form
Welcome to the account creation page.
New/Renewed accounts for people who are not current faculties, adjuncts, administrative staffs, research staffs (CS Employees), postdocs, MS-PhD students, or PhD Students in the Computer Science Department of Columbia University will NO LONGER include an email address @cs.columbia.edu.
Account Expiration Dates, if you apply between the below dates your account will be valid for designated time period.
- (Fall Term) August 1 - December 20 -> Account will expire on January 31 the following year.
- (Spring Term) December 21 - April 31 -> Account will expire on June 30 the same year.
- (Summer Term) May 1 - July 31 -> Account will expire on September 30 the same year.
Eligibility requirements for obtaining CS accounts
You have to meet one of the following criterias in order to be able to
apply for a cs account.
- You are enrolled at Columbia University and you are taking Computer Science courses.
- You have a CS Departmental sponsor (Faculty, TA Coordinator, Academic Staff, CRF) for the account.
Ownership and Maintenance of CS Accounts
- CS accounts
A CS account give you access to CS Department computing resources.
More information can be found on: Brief Introduction to CS accounts
Your questions can probably be answered on: CS Accounts FAQ
All people listed in the following group can apply for a CS
- CS Faculty
- CS Researchers sponsored by CS Faculty
- Visiting CS Faculty
- CS PHD Students
- CS Teaching Assistants (Choose Student account type)
- Students taking CS courses (must pay account fees)
- Guests sponsored by CS Faculty
- CS Administrative Staff
- CS Technical Staff
- Multiple accounts
Under no circumstances can a person have more than one CS account.
- Single-user accounts
Accounts are single-user. You may not, under any circumstances, permit another person
to use your account. If we discover that you are sharing your CS account, we will terminate
If you have any problems with the account application, please call the CRF hotline: (212)939-7174.
If you have any questions regarding our account policy or if you have questions or
comments about this page, please send mail to CRF
If you have general questions or problems, please mail