prokofieva AT cs DOT columbia DOT edu
(212) 939 7147
Office: 7LW3 CEPSR
Department of Computer Science
500 West 120th Street, Room 450
New York, New York 10027
Attn: Anna Prokofieva
I am a PhD student with Prof. Julia Hirschberg at the Speech Processing Lab at Columbia University. My current project involves looking at anomaly detection in the speech domain; in particular, we are investigating hedging and its effect on conversational power structures and other social outcomes of dialogue.
- Probabilistic Features for Connecting Eye Gaze to Spoken Language Understanding at ICASSP 2015
- Eye Gaze for Spoken Language Understanding at SLT 2014
- Hedging and Speaker Commitment at the ES3LOD 2014
- Hedging Annotation Manual
Some of my past projects include:
- Gaze for Spoken Language Understanding
- Accent Classification through Prosodic Means
- Prosodically Informed Speaker Identification
- Social Stratification of /tr/-Affrication (presented at the Faculty of Arts Undergraduate Research Event) [poster]
- Prosodic Disambiguation in Garden Path Sentences
- Dialects of American English: Online Methods of Data Collection
- Acoustics of Vowels in Singing
The list of the papers for my Candidacy Exam can be found here.
I graduated from McGill University in 2009 with a BASc in Computer Science and Linguistics.
My CV is available here.