Installing Berkeley SIS 1.3
This document provides instructions on how to install SIS.
Please see Handout #11a (Homework #1) for instructions on how to execute and use
SIS. For further clarifications the "Documentation" section below
gives more details on SIS.
Installing SIS 1.3 on Acis (CUNIX) machines
Installing SIS 1.3 on Linux machines
- Download the compiled binaries.
(SIS 1.3 Linux binaries)
- Make a separate directory, e.g. sis1.3, and unpack the files in that
tar xvfz sis-linux.tgz
- Executables (including espresso) can be found in sis1.3/bin.
- Espresso example files can be found in sis1.3/espresso/ex
You can also download example files in the
Espresso examples section.
Installing SIS 1.2 on Windows machines
- Download the executable binaries. These programs can be executed in a
"Command Prompt" window.
(SIS 1.2 Windows binary,
Espresso Windows binary)
- You also need to download the espresso examples files. Please see the
Espresso examples section below.
- Note that the version of SIS for Windows is 1.2.
However, this would not be a problem for Homework #1 since all the distributed
Espresso programs (Linux, Solaris, Windows) have the same version (2.3).
- If you have a CS account and you wish to work remotely on linux, log in to a CLIC machine
(e.g. ssh to clic.cs.columbia.edu), which are Linux machines. Copy the
linux binaries into your log in directory along with
- test1.pla file referred to in Homework #1 Problem 1.
- You can download the espresso example files here.
If you have a problem with unpacking the gzipped tar file, you can download
individual examples here.
- If you have installed SIS 1.3 on your linux box,
espresso example files can be found in sis1.3/espresso/ex
If you have a problem with using or installing SIS 1.3 and Espresso programs, please
contact Ashwath Narasimhan (firstname.lastname@example.org)