Installing Berkeley SIS 1.3
This document provides instructions on how to install SIS.
Please refer to Homework #1 for instructions on how to execute and use
SIS. More clarifications and details on SIS are given in the Documentation section below.
Installing SIS 1.3 on Acis (CUNIX) machines
Installing SIS 1.3 on Linux machines
- Download the compiled binaries.
(SIS 1.3 Linux binaries)
- Make a separate directory, e.g. sis1.3, and unzip the tar file to that
directory using the following commands.
tar xvf sis1.3-linux.tgz
- Executables (including espresso) can be found in sis1.3/bin. Change the permission
of espresso excutable to allow execution (x).
- Espresso example files can be found in sis1.3/espresso/ex
You can also download example files in the
Espresso examples section.
Installing SIS 1.2 on Windows machines
- Download the executable binaries. These programs can be executed in a
"Command Prompt" window.
(SIS 1.2 Windows binary,
Espresso Windows binary)
- You also need to download the espresso example files. Please see the
Espresso examples section below.
- Note that the version of SIS for Windows is 1.2.
However, this would not be a problem for Homework #1 since all the distributed
Espresso programs (Linux, CUNIX, Windows) have the same version (2.3).
- If you have a CS account and wish to work remotely, log in to a CLIC machine
(e.g. ssh to clic.cs.columbia.edu), which are Linux machines. Then follow
the steps in section Installing SIS 1.3 on Linux machines.
- test1.pla file referred to in Homework #1 Problem 1.
- If you install espresso on CUNIX or Windows platform, you need to download espresso
examples here. If you have a problem with unpacking the gzipped tar
file, you can download individual examples here.
- If you have installed SIS 1.3 on your linux box,
espresso example files can be found in sis1.3/espresso/ex
If you have a problem with using or installing SIS 1.3 and Espresso programs, please
contact Kshitij Bhardwaj (email@example.com).