- Recipe By: Anna Teresa Callen
- Serving Size: 8
- Preparation Time: 0:30
- Categories: cakes, desserts
|Amount ||Measure ||Ingredient - Preparation Method
|10 || || Amaretti|
| 4 || ounces || semisweet chocolate |
| 1 || cup || unsalted butter |
| 1 || cup || sugar |
| 5 || || egg, separated |
| 1/2 || cup || all-purpose flour |
| 1 || tablespoon || orange-flavored liqueur |
| || || confectioner's sugar |
| 5 || || amarettini |
| || || orange marmalade |
- Prehead oven to 350. Butter 10-inch cake pan.
- Pulverize the amaretti and chocolate in a blender or food
processor. Set aside.
- Cream togetehr the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks. Beat for
- Gradually add the flour and the amaretti and chocolate mixture,
beating after each addition. Add the liqueur and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into amaretti mixture.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and decorate with
a few amarettini around the edges and one in the middle. Spread a
little orange marmalade under amarettini to make them stick to the