Subject: [Autoconf] MANET Autoconfiguration using DHCP

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:27:22 -0700

We have issued an I-D that proposes a solution for MANET
Autoconfiguration using DHCP. The proposed solution
addresses many aspects of the autoconf wg charter, and
provides support both IPv6 and IPv4.

Using this proposal, MANET routers can autoconfigure unique
global IP addresses and/or prefixes with minor extensions
to the standard mechanisms of DHCP. Using the complementary
mechanisms in: 'draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-01.txt',
uniqueness of global IP address/prefix delegations can also
be preserved when MANETs partition/merge. Operation in
MANETs with multiple gateways is also supported.

The Internet-Draft announcement appears below. Please send
comments to the list and/or authors.

Fred L. Templin
[email-masked]   

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: MANET Autoconfiguration using DHCP
	Author(s)	: F. Templin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-6-5
	
Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs) comprise MANET routers and their
attached devices, and connect to the global Internet via one or more
MANET gateways.  MANET routers that require global Internet access
must have a way to automatically configure globally routable and
unique IP addresses/prefixes.  This document specifies mechanisms for
MANET address autoconfiguration (AUTOCONF) based on the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6 are
given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf