Subject: [Autoconf] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:57:00 -0700

This document specifies a DHCP-based solution for the AUTOCONF
and NETLMM problem spaces. In this solution, a mobile node (MN)
autoconfigures addresses by selecting access routers (ARs) and
informing a mobility anchor point (MAP) of its current AR
location using DHCP. Mobility management is negotiated and
confirmed by the communication between the MN and MAP.
Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6 are given, and IP version
differences are discussed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Autoconfiguration and Network Localized
Mobility Management using DHCP
	Author(s)	: F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-5-9
	
Mobile nodes that require global Internet access must have a way to
automatically configure globally routable and unique IP addresses
that remain stable across localized mobility events.  This document
specifies mechanisms for address autoconfiguration (AUTOCONF) and
network localized mobility management (NETLMM) based on the Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6
are given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-0
0.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:26:17 -0700

Repost to include dhc wg; comments to the list:

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-00.txt 

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE