Subject: Atom and RSS Security Issues

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:01:37 -0700

Mostly known already, but worth reading:

http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/08/black-hat-prese.html
http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6102171.html

- James

---

From: "James Holderness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 20:20:16 +0100

> http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6102171.html

Most developers may be aware of the dangers of scripting, but as that 
article points out they aren't doing a very good job of blocking it. I ran a 
bunch of tests on about 20 or so aggregators about a month ago and more than 
half let through scripting in some form or another. Most were at least 
making some effort to block scripts but there were a few that basically let 
through everything.

I was considering putting up a blog post on the subject including my test 
feeds so people could see some of the things they need to check for, but I 
figured it'd probably do more harm than good.

Regards
James

---

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:28:00 -0700

I think that's an excellent idea

- James

James Holderness wrote:
> [snip]
> I was considering putting up a blog post on the subject including my
> test feeds so people could see some of the things they need to check
> for, but I figured it'd probably do more harm than good.
> 
> Regards
> James
> 
>