Subject: Re: Dublin Core and Atom: Any plans for an (Informational) RFC?

From: Henry Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:56:18 +0200

The Atom-OWL group is working on an ontology for Atom. You can find  
the latest version here

https://sommer.dev.java.net/atom/

It comes with a XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 transform from atom xml to  
atom-owl. (The XQuery transform is the best). We were thinking of  
adding relations from the atom-owl vocabulary to the DC vocabulary.  
Have a look at what is there now, and let us know what you think.

Henry

On 19 Jun 2006, at 15:31, Andreas Sewe wrote:

>
> I wonder whether there are any plans of publishing an (perhaps  
> Informational) RFC on the use of DCMI Metadata Terms in conjunction  
> with Atom feeds and entries?
>
> Given both the popularity of that vocabulary in the various flavors  
> of RSS and the fact that it offers numerous useful refinements of  
> Atom's built-in metadata (I still remember the PaceDate* debate),  
> this seems like a good idea to me. So, are there already efforts in  
> this direction?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andreas Sewe

---

From: Andreas Sewe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:31:59 +0200

I wonder whether there are any plans of publishing an (perhaps 
Informational) RFC on the use of DCMI Metadata Terms in conjunction with 
Atom feeds and entries?

Given both the popularity of that vocabulary in the various flavors of 
RSS and the fact that it offers numerous useful refinements of Atom's 
built-in metadata (I still remember the PaceDate* debate), this seems 
like a good idea to me. So, are there already efforts in this direction?

Regards,

Andreas Sewe