Subject: Re: Protocol Action: 'Atom Threading Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: "Robert Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:35:21 -0400

On 6/26/06, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Working Group Summary
>
> This is not a WG draft.  Nevertheless, the AtomPub WG discussion on this draft
> was fairly lengthy, and resulted in a number of changes to the draft.
>

Who wrote this summary? Even Paul went on the record saying there was
no consensus on several aspects of the document. This summary makes it
sound like it underwent a number of friendly suggestions, rather than
disapproval by at least half of the commenters, interupted only by
incorrect readings of RFC2026 and obfuscation by the document author.

-- 

Robert Sayre

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:59:28 -0700

At 8:35 PM -0400 6/26/06, Robert Sayre wrote:
>Who wrote this summary?

Probably Lisa.

>Even Paul went on the record saying there was
>no consensus on several aspects of the document.

Right. The statement above doesn't say anything about consensus.

>This summary makes it

Your reading might differ from others'.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "Robert Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:12:07 -0400

> Your reading might differ from others'.

I've read a lot of these, so I know this synopsis differs others.
Usually they stuff like "WG is OK with this." It's perfectly natural
to question and appropriate things that seem out of the ordinary.

In the future, please save the oblique answers for someone who cares
to hear them.

-- 

Robert Sayre

---

From: "Robert Sayre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:23:17 -0400

> to question and appropriate things that seem out of the ordinary.

er,  a little steamed here, that's not English.

It's perfectly natural to question whether things that seem out of the
ordinary are appropriate.

Anyway, you don't seem to have accurate answers on the process when it
doesn't match the outcome you're looking for.

-- 

Robert Sayre

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time."