Subject: Re: Atompub WG meeting at the Montreal IETF

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:59:58 -0700

At 1:49 PM -0700 5/23/06, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>Greetings again. The Atompub WG will have our first (and maybe 
>last!) face-to-face meeting at the upcoming IETF meeting in Montreal 
>at the beginning of July.
>
>The timing of us having our first WG meeting may seem odd, given the 
>fact that we completed the Atom format document long ago, and are 
>making good progress on the publishing protocol. However, there are 
>reasons other than "moving documents forwards" for WGs to meet. Lisa 
>Dusseault, our Area Director, asked us to have a meeting so that 
>people active in the Atompub WG can have more interaction with the 
>IETF, and vice versa. There is interest in the Atom format from 
>other WGs, and there may be interest in the Atom publishing protocol 
>as well.
>
>I propose the following agenda, which should fit well into a one-hour slot:
>
>- Intro: 10 mins
>- Brief overview of protocol status: 10 mins
>- Use of Atom format in other WGs: 30 mins
>   - draft-saintandre-atompub-notify
>   - Overlap with calendar formats
>   - Overlap with mail
>
>Note that we are explicitly *not* going to discuss extensions to the 
>Atom format at this WG meeting because they are not part of the WG 
>charter. Lisa has said that she may help arrange a BoF session on 
>creating a new Working Group for Atom extensions, and having at 
>least a higher-level discussion of what extensions are out there 
>would be appropriate in that BoF. But, to use asterisks again, such 
>discussion is *not* part of the Atompub WG meeting.
>
>See <http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-66.html> for details about 
>the IETF meeting. I will let the WG know when there are preliminary 
>and near-permanent agendas for the meeting. It would be good to meet 
>some of you there!

We are tentatively scheduled for Wednesday afternoon; see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_agenda_html.cgi?meeting_num=66>. 
I say "tentatively" because the schedule will probably shift a bit 
for the next two weeks; my guess is that we are 80% likely to stay in 
the same spot.

I have not received any offers to talk about "Overlap with calendar 
formats" or "Overlap with mail" at the BoF, but am still quite 
receptive to people making such offers.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium