Subject: "Atom Over XMPP" I-D

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:13:40 -0600

As you may have noticed, the "Atom Over XMPP" I-D expired on February 20
of this year:

http://www.xmpp.org/drafts/draft-saintandre-atompub-notify-04.html

However, by no means is this I-D abandoned.

Since January, the underlying publish-subscribe specification (JEP-0060)
used by draft-saintandre-atompub-notify has been under revision within
the Jabber Software Foundation's standards process, mainly in order to
incorporate feedback based on implementation experience (also to make
the specification easier to understand). The revision process is close
to completion and the Jabber Council is currently requesting feedback on
the revisions:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2006-May/011101.html

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/tmp/jep-0060-1.8.html

If all goes well, the revised pubsub specification will be approved by
the Jabber Council during the week of June 12. At that time (and before
the IETF 66 cutoff date of June 26), I will submit a revised version of
draft-saintandre-atompub-notify to the Secretariat.

Thanks for your interest.

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation
http://www.jabber.org/people/stpeter.shtml

---

From: "Sylvain Hellegouarch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:03:44 +0100 (BST)

Hi Peter,

Just noticed your message (we've flooded the list with the FTE draft ;)).
I can tell you this is a work that I'm really interested in and I'm
looking forward to your new draft.

- Sylvain

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iD8DBQFEbJ00NF1RSzyt3NURAh/GAJ9Y3bOdSRu8sjL7fQJRyPK2gT8lawCghrPZ
> oR6vRLed4adw0a6ssgJvO2M=
> =Bb/z
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>

---

From: "M. David Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 02:16:48 -0600

In fact, many of us are, as it has been the foundation of the work we have
been doing on another project that is somewhat related, but focused on area
that is quite a bit different in regards to the primary focus of Atom over
XMPP, which I think is GREAT as it showcases quite nicely how a well
designed format can be extended to provide additional value-add without
breaking the underlying specification that it extends from.

Don't mean to sound like I am talking in code words... But will leave
additional comments in Sylvains capable hands as one of the editors of the
spec I am refering to... :)

-- 
<M:D/>

M. David Peterson
http://www.xsltblog.com/