Subject: Google Calendar

From: John Panzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:12:51 -0700

Google Calendar has launched (and there was much rejoicing). It uses 
Atom feeds for public calendar information:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/111sesssuutl03vh7c25avs35s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/full

It validates, with a handful of warnings.

They're using some namespaced extensions to hold calendar information 
and, oddly, comment links, in what is otherwise a headline-only feed:

<gd:eventStatus value="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005#event.confirmed"/>
<gd:transparency value="http://schemas.google.com/g/2005#event.opaque"/>
<gd:comments>
    <gd:feedLink 
href="http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/111sesssuutl03vh7c25avs35s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/full/5qe4ibd5q39l121vs5e3r0e2i4/comments/"/>
</gd:comments>
<gd:where/>
<gd:when startTime="2006-04-24T15:30:00.000Z" 
endTime="2006-04-24T17:30:00.000Z"/>

I'm wondering if these have been documented somewhere -- anyone from 
Google on the list?

-John

---

From: "Kyle Marvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:33:01 -0500

> I'm wondering if these have been documented somewhere -- anyone from

Hi John,

The extensions used in the Calendar feed will definitely be documented
and those docs should be available soon. The Calendar Data API support
(these feeds plus the ability to
programmatically create, query, edit, and delete Calendar events)
isn't officially launched yet... the release is going to be slightly
staggered from the main Calendar Web UI launch that happened today.

The best place to look for API info once it is available (and to send
any feedback about it) will be in the Calendar Google Group that has
been set up for this purpose:

  http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-dataapi

More announcements will be made there (soon) once the full API launch happens.

Cheers!

-- Kyle