Subject: Re: xml:base in your Atom feed

From: "James Holderness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 06:52:06 +0200

Eric Scheid wrote:
> On 1/4/06 12:24 PM, "James Holderness" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> one way would be to use <img /> instead of <a /> links, with each test 
> image
> being specific to the test ... that way all one needs to do is read the 
> feed
> and check to see if the text in the image corresponds to the text in the
> entry headline. Especially easy if the tests were numbered.

My thoughts exactly. You can see an example in one of my base tests here:

http://216.93.169.119/atomtests/base/base4.atom

That test is a lot more complicated than need be for a conformance tests 
since it's more informative than simply testing pass/failure, but it 
demonstrates the concept.

And the bit about numbering is also something I forgot to mention 
previously. Many aggregators will reorder the results of a feed in ways that 
might not be expected. By clearly numbering every test you can avoid any 
confusion when it comes to matching the results from the feed back to the 
wiki page.

Regards
James