Subject: WWW 2006 Developer Track - Call for Developer Submissions

From: "Danny Ayers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:01:19 +0100

Apologies for cross-posts.

The full call is below (and at http://www2006.org/developers/cfp.php),
but in short we're looking for developers to present cool stuff. It
can be anything from a 5 min lightning demo to a 30 min presentation.
Of particular relevance here are the "Next Wave" sessions : an
umbrella for all those Web 2.0 and Semantic Web things like blogging,
microformats, Atom, Ajax, JSON, mashups, RDF/OWL, SPARQL...

The deadline for proposals is the 19th March, but all we're looking
for at this point is a short description (see below).

---------------------------------------------------------

   The developers' track consists of presentations by developers for
   developers. The audience is expected to be technically capable, and
   wanting to see a 'wow' factor with new functionality. Technical
   nitty-gritty is encouraged. Demos are good. Lightening talks
   consisting entirely of a demo are encouraged.

   To present your work on the developers' track, please respond to this
   call for submissions, by giving us a short description of what it is
   you would like to present, how long a presentation you would like to
   give, and indicate for which session(s) it would be appropriate.

   Submissions are made by email to the Developer Chairs
   ([email-masked]). Please send the following
   information:

     * Contact information
     * Presentation title
     * The preferred length of the presentation
     * The possible length of presentation, list all that you are willing
       to accept.

        lightning
                No more than five minutes, for a quick demo. Please
                choose this option, even if you would prefer to give a
                longer presentation. Not choosing this option indicates
                that you do not want to give a lightening talk, even if
                there is not space for you to give a longer talk.

        10 minutes
        20 minutes
                The current intention is to mainly have 20 minute
                presentations.
        30 minutes

     * Session(s). Choose at least one session. List all sessions for
       which you think your submission is appropriate. Note: the final
       decision on which sessions will run has not yet been made, and
       will depend in part upon the submissions received. The sessions
       are as follows:
          + Mobile
          + Society
          + Health
          + Education
          + Science
          + Security
          + Online Media
          + Next Wave Web Technologies
          + Ontologies and Semantic Web
          + XML technologies: XSLT2, XQuery etc.

     * Some other material. This can be:
          + Short description, e.g. one page for a lightening talk, two
            pages for anything else. (This is best)
          + Slides: e.g. one or two slides for a lightening talk, ten or
            twelve for a longer talk.
          + A demo. This should be submitted as screen shots, with a
            short description. It is also possible to give a URL for your
            code/demo. (Unless you already have this material available,
            you are discouraged from creating it for submission).
       This other material should be in any of the following formats:
          + plain text
          + PDF
          + PNG, GIF, JPEG
          + Powerpoint (not preferred)
          + Word (not preferred)
       If you have more than one file to submit, please create a zip
       archive. Send a single file, or the zip, as an attachment with
       your proposal. If the attachments are too large, send an URL to
       them instead.

     * Optionally a URL to your demo or code

   The submissions deadline is March 19th (midnight in Hawaii).

Special Low Rate for Independent Developers (limited availability)
------------------------------------------------------------------

   We are pleased to be able to offer a special very low rate for
   independent developers presenting on the developers track. This is
   available only for self-financing developers (i.e. not receiving
   expenses from their employer or university), who are giving
   presentations on the developers track (including lightening talks).

   The rate is optionally:

     * a free "One Day Attendance" for the day that the developer is
       participating, or

     * £199 for a "Standard Passport" conference registration for the
       whole week.

   This rate is obtainable by email application to the Developer Track
   Chairs along with a presentation submission (see below).

   The chairs thank Hewlett Packard for their generosity in sponsoring
   this rate.

--

http://dannyayers.com