Subject: Consideration for the adoption/integration of an Atom/MS:RSS Web Feed API project

From: "M. David Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:58:57 -0700

Hey Folks,

Just finished up an IM conversation with DonXML and he pointed me to this
list SourceForge list as the proper entry point to begin discussions
regarding the potential integration of a project that has already been
started that is focused on bringing layered support for the Atom web feed
format into the MS RSS Web Feed API/Platform.

This conversation originated as part of a thread started on the Atom syntax
mailing list, and after a query as to whether or not the XML-MVP group would
be the proper folks to work through in regards to bringing this project
closer to the MS metal, it became apparent that yes, in fact the XML-MVP's
would be the correct and proper avenue to take in this regard.

As such, here I am :D  Hi everyone, how are ya :)

A quick overview:

The project is currently hosted as part of my UnderstandingAtom&RSS project
[http://trac.understandingatom.com/<http://trac.understandingatom.com/wiki/AtomicRSS.NET>].
If and when the time was right, however, I would happily help make the
transfer from the existing site to the SF.net XML-MVP site if you all feel
this is something you would like to be a part of.

I can assure you as much of my own time as necessary, and my guess is that
there are others in the Atom community (cc'd on this thread) who would also
like to participate if this was something that was deemed appropriate by
both the MVP group as well as the MS legal channels.  If neccessary the
majority of the development could happen outside of the MVP group, and at an
appropriate time, transfer this to the MVP's to handle from there.

In other words, whatever it takes to turn this into a reality, is exactly
what will take place -- at least from my own personal perspective, and I'm
guessing others will find this to be a desirable focus as well. :)

You can access the projects entry page here >
http://trac.understandingatom.com/wiki/AtomicRSS.NET <

Atom syntax: To subscribe to the XML-MVP SF.net mailing list, please visit >
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mvp-xml-help <

Thanks folks!  I look forward to any and all conversations regarding this
topic, and look forward to the opportunties that potentially exist ahead. :)

Best regards,

--
<M:D/>

M. David Peterson
http://www.xsltblog.com/