Subject: RE: IE7 Feed Rendering Issue

From: "James Yenne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:15:43 -0800

These are feed readers, whether web apps or stand alone apps, and have had a
lot of room to maneuver, but even in these applications when presenting the
actual content of entries vis-a-vis the outline view, it would be "nice" if
they used the stylesheet directives.  IE6 and FF are browsers and use these
directives for rendering XML, and FF is also a feed reader in this mode, and
still uses the directives.  IE7 is a browser too, and introduces new
behavior not found in IE6 and FF.  Now that IE7 is a feed reader too, it's
dumping standard browser behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of A. Pagaltzis
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IE7 Feed Rendering Issue

* James Yenne <[email-masked]> [2006-03-08 20:30]:
>I would call IE7 dropping xml-stylesheet directives a data lose issue.

Neither desktop nor online aggregators (such as NetNewsWire and
Bloglines) have ever paid attention to such directives. What is your opinion
on that?

Regards,
--
Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>