Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-manoj-cachecontrol-00.txt : Call for Comments

From: Manoj <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:56:01 +0530

Hello friends,

All your comments are welcome on my draft below.

Thanks and Regards
Manoj

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

Title: An Extension to Cache-Control, HTTP/1.1 for group caching
Author(s): G. Manoj
Filename: draft-manoj-cachecontrol-00.txt
Pages: 7
Date: 2006-1-17

    The Cache-Control general-header field of HTTP/1.1 [1] is used to
    specify directives that must be obeyed by all caching mechanisms
    along the request/response chain. This document details an extension
    to the cache-control header to enable caching of resources for
    dynamic sets of users who are grouped under certain attributes. Also
    this document specifies user-defined header extensions of HTTP/1.1
    [1], which allow these clients to be served from the group caches.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manoj-cachecontrol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of  
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the  
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-manoj-cachecontrol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manoj-cachecontrol-00.txt".

NOTE:The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:11:37 -0800

Hi Manoj,

It might be more appropriate to send this to the HTTP list;
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/

Also, out of curiosity, is this a Network Appliance-sponsored draft,  
or your own effort? I.e., is this something that might make its way  
into NetCache?

Cheers,

On 2006/02/08, at 2:26 AM, Manoj wrote:

> i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the  
> body of the message.

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/