Subject: Atom features support in readers?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:27:14 +0100

Is there somewhere a comprehensive survey of the current level of
support in readers, with details for each feature, specially the most
Atom-specific?

I tested content=xhtml support for several readers and none does it
properly. I would like to have information for other readers.

(Remember also the discussion here about the support of <updated>.)

---

From: "James Holderness" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:20:13 -0000

> support in readers, with details for each feature, specially the most

There are a couple of basic tests on the Atom wiki [1] including an 
<updated> test. They're not very comprehensive, but the pass rate doesn't 
seem to be very good even with what's there.

> properly. I would like to have information for other readers.

I've done some testing there myself (only Windows and online aggregators 
though). My finding was that you'd get much better results with escaped 
html, but if you're willing (and able) to avoid any characters that require 
escaping and don't try anything fancy with namespaces, the support isn't 
that bad.

Out of interest, which aggregators were you testing, and what specifically 
caused them to fail?

Regards
James

[1] http://intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/CategoryConformanceTests

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:40:01 -0500

> (Remember also the discussion here about the support of <updated>.)

Some results can be found here:

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/ConformanceTests

Please feel free to add more.

- Sam Ruby