Subject: [Asrg] batv?

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 18:06:34 -0700

So what ever happened to batv? It seems to have lost its momentum, 
though from
what I can tell the problem it's trying to solve is still as real as 
ever. Was there
a technical roadblock? Or did people just lose interest? Or am I just 
not aware of
the massive uptake?

       Mike

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 May 2006 01:51:27 -0000

>though from what I can tell the problem it's trying to solve is still
>as real as ever.

Your guess is as good as mine.  It works pretty well for me.

The biggest problem is domains that send mail from one place and
receive it another, of which there are more than I would have thought.
This means that you have to be careful outbound only to sign mail for
which you know the inbound password, and inbound be more forgiving of
bounces to domains known to send their mail from other places.

For someone like Cisco who presumably sends all their mail through
known gateways, it should work great.

R's,
John