Subject: [Asrg] Notes from ASRG session at IETF 65

From: "John L" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Mar 2006 11:15:04 -0600

* There's considerable interest in the DNSBL BCP.  Pat Peterson offered to 
work on it, along with the current shepherd who knows who he is.  Aaron 
Falk (IRTF chair) noted that official BCPs have a specific process and we 
should figure out whether we want to go through the process or not.

* Third party DKIM signatures are a hot topic.  The bits are easy, the 
semantics are not.  Pat and Doug Otis offered to draft something.

* Message categories: could be useful, not clear whether we mean 
categories for MTA operators like bulk and transactional, or for end users 
like personal and work, or maybe both, or maybe more than that.  But one 
or more taxonomies could be useful, as well as scenarios of who would 
assign them and who would use them.  Barry Leiba and Mark Delany offered 
to work.

I have some scribbles related to DNSSEC and DNS records that contain keys, 
but no volunteers noted.  If you are such a volunteer, let us know.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor
"I dropped the toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Chris Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:44:52 -0500

John L wrote:
> * There's considerable interest in the DNSBL BCP.  Pat Peterson offered
> to work on it, along with the current shepherd who knows who he is. 
> Aaron Falk (IRTF chair) noted that official BCPs have a specific process
> and we should figure out whether we want to go through the process or not.

He knows who he is should be pretty close to the next draft, which we
will limited circulate before publishing for formal comments.

Yeah, there is the option of pushing it thru MAAWG instead of IETF, but
I think the ASRG/IRTF -> IETF would have a bit more clout.

---

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:06:17 -0800 (PST)

Were there an official meeting minutes or jabber log?

> but no volunteers noted.  If you are such a volunteer, let us know.

What are these "scribbles"?

-- 
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
[email-masked]