Subject: Re: [Asrg] CertifiedEmail -- Transaction messages vs. other types

From: mathew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:27:34 -0600

Daniel T. Dreymann wrote:
> Our AUP (http://www.goodmailsystems.com/aup.pdf) makes it clear that
> prospecting messages are not allowed. To use CertifiedEmail you must have
> permission or an established relationship with the recipient.
>   

The problem is, there are plenty of people out there who believe they 
have permission, because some scamming salesman has sold them a list of 
e-mail addresses which he promised were opt-in, or because they asked 
for an e-mail address on some web form for a transaction and assumed 
that that gave them permission to spam the address in perpetuity even 
though they didn't actually ask the customer. I know this because of the 
otherwise respectable organizations that still spam me. (Foreign Policy 
magazine, for example.)

> Remember that the system is identity-based and that
> senders are held accountable.
>   

If that actually happens I will be pleasantly and genuinely surprised.

mathew

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg