Subject: [ANCP] Layer 2 Parameters in the Protocol document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:56:49 +0300

Hi,

        I have a question regarding the "Access-Loop-Circuit-ID" as 
defined in the document 
"draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configuration-01.txt".

        In the case of an Ethernet based local loop the format is defined 
as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier eth slot/port[:vlan-id]" meaning that the 
vlan-id is optional.

        In the case of an ATM based local loop the format is defined as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier atm slot/port:vpi.vci"  meaning that the 
vpi.vci is mandatory.

        I would like this changed to "Access-Node-Identifier atm 
slot/port[:vpi.vci]" meaning that the vpi.vci is optional.

        This would allow for multiple vpi/vci(s) on the same port as a 
message could be sent  without the vpi.vci field.

===========================================================================

I have a similar question regarding the 
"Access-Aggregation-Circuit-ID-ASCII" as defined in the document 
"draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configuration-01.txt".

        In the case of an Ethernet based local loop the format is defined 
as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier eth 
slot/port[:inner-vlan-id][:outer-vlan-id]" meaning that the vlan-ids are 
optional.

        In the case of an ATM based local loop the format is defined as:

        "Access-Node-Identifier atm slot/port:vpi.vci"  meaning that the 
vpi.vci is mandatory.

        I would like this changed to "Access-Node-Identifier atm 
slot/port[:vpi.vci]" meaning that the vpi.vci is optional.

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards,
Menachem
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp