Subject: [ANCP] Layer 2 Parameters in the Protocol document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:13:43 +0300

Hi,

        Regarding the document: 
"draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configuration" and following the questions I 
raised at the meeting in Montreal,
 I would like to request an explanation of how to handle:

        1.  Multiple Vlans in a single encapsulation.
        2.  Multiple Vlans and Multiple encapsulations.

        1. Multiple Vlans in a single encapsulation.

                 a. Should an Access-Loop-Circuit-Id be defined for each 
Vlan which means that this is a many-to-one relationship?
                 b. Should there be more than one Access-Loop-Remote-Id's 
or is one sufficient? If more are needed, how are they associated with an
                     Access-Loop-Circuit-Id?
                 c. Should there be an 
Access-Aggregation-Circuit-Id-Binary and 
Access-Aggregation-Circuit-Id-ASCII for each 
 Access-Loop-Circuit-Id defined?
                         d. I assume there are only one set of "DSL Line 
Attributes" defined which are common to the physical line.

               2. Multiple Vlans and Multiple encapsulations. 
                a.  If the Vlan's are related to different "Access Loop 
Encapsulations" how is this association between Vlan and encapsulation 
shown?

Best Regards,
Menachem
_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp