Subject: RE: [Adslmib] VDSL2 draft draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-01.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:06:29 +0530

Hello All,

As Naren (mail dated Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:54:45 +0530 ) was suggesting WG
should produce an Internet draft which addresses Bonding standards
(ITU-T G.998.1, ITU-T G.998.2, ITU-T G.998.3).Currently WG group has
produced RFCs on ADSL,SHDL,VDSL flavors. But I see none on the bonding
standards. Yes as Menachem suggests it should not be part of VDSL MIB
,but a separate Internet draft .

Regards,

Veena.

________________________________

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 1:57 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Adslmib] VDSL2 draft draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-01.txt

Menachem,
The bonding should not be addressed within the VDSL2 MIB. The ITU-T
G.998.2 Ethernet bonding standard aplies to SHDSL, ADSL(2)(plus) and
VDSL2. It should be addressed separately, as management of a bonding
layer on top of the physical layer, hence on top of the VDSL2 MIB, and
not as part of it.
Regards,
Frank

[email-masked] wrote:

Hi, 

        The VDSL2 draft draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-01.txt was posted two
weeks ago. 

        I hope that everyone is reviewing this document. 

        There has been no response regarding the xDSL Bonding issue
raised two weeks ago. Does this imply no interest? 
Editors? Anyone? 

Best Regards, 
Menachem.

________________________________

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
  
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib