Subject: Re: [Adslmib] Fw: Liaison from the DSLF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:18:07 +0300

Hello Frank,

        Thank you kindly for your email and pointing out that the HUBMIB 
WG has been looking at bonding.

        The ADSLMIB WG focus is on implementing a MIB according to G.997.1 
and currently is not chartered to handle G.998.2.

The subject of bonding was raised on the WG and therefore I sent my email 
to poll the WG for interest on this subject.

Should there be enough interest on the WG,  we will certainly have a look 
at the HUBMIB WG implementation and see whether we 
can make use of their work.

Best Regards,
Menachem Dodge

[email-masked] 
01/08/2006 11:35

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject
Re: [Adslmib] Fw: Liaison from the DSLF

Menachem,
The ITU-T G.998.2 Ethernet bonding is a pointer to IEEE802.3 EFM bonding 
(PCS).
Can you clarify how the IETF ADSLMIB WG (focus on G.998.2) and
the IETF HUBMIB WG (focus on 802.3ah) relate and cover the same or 
different things ?
Thanks,
Frank Van der Putten
Alcatel

[email-masked] wrote:

Hello Naren, 

        The current charter of the Working Group is to develop a  VDSL2 
MIB according to G.997.1 and to consider the inputs of the 
ITU-T and the DSL Forum. Thus xDSL Bonding (G.998.1 and G.998.2) is 
currently outside the scope of our charter. 

        The first thing that needs to be established is whether there is 
anyone else on the Working Group who is interested in xDSL Bonding. 
Once we have established that there is enough interest, we can decide how 
to proceed. If anyone else on the Working Group is interested in 
xDSL Bonding and thinks that the Working Group should handle this, please 
speak up. I would also like to hear from anyone who has objections 
to the Working Group pursuing this subject. 

         However, the focus of the Working Group remains on the current 
VDSL2 MIB and the editors should be producing the next draft within a few 
days. 

Best Regards, 
Menachem Dodge

<[email-masked]> 
27/07/2006 13:24 

To
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]> 
cc
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 
Subject
RE: [Adslmib] Fw: Liaison from the DSLF

Hi All,

In my opinion WT-129 should model xDSL Bonding (G.998.1, G.998.2,
Ethernet and ATM level). I can understand the need to discriminate line
level parameters from protocol level parameters. Maybe we can define the
modelling xDSL bonding in a separate section of the WT-129.

On similar lines, I see that the ATM level and Ethernet level bonding is
not modelled in any of the MIBs of the adslmib WG. Again, the current
drafts might not be the best place to define it. I propose to have
another draft for xDSL bonding.

Regards
Naren

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Adslmib] Fw: Liaison from the DSLF

Hi All,

     Please find the DSL Forum Liaison letter and WT-129 attached.

     The DSL Forum document, WT-129,  serves as a guide for our work in
developing the VDSL2 MIB so please review the document
carefully.
     Should there be any comments/feedback please voice these on our WG
mailing list so that I can send a formal response to the
DSL Forum. You will notice that the document will be going to
straw-ballot
in September.

Best Regards,
Menachem

----- Forwarded by Menachem Dodge/ECI Telecom on 16/07/2006 13:18 -----

            "Peter Adams"

            <p.f.adams@btopen

            world.com>
To

                                      <[email-masked]>

            15/07/2006 00:47
cc

Subject

                                      Liaison from the DSLF

Dear Menachem,

At the last meeting of the DSLF it was decided to liaise to you the
straw
ballot copy of WT-129 when it was ready.  I have just completed changes
agreed at the meeting and so attached to this e-mail are the liaison
letter
from the DSLF and WT-129.

Regards,

Peter Adams

Operations and Network Management WG Chair
DSL Forum

(See attached file: IETF liaison.doc)(See attached file:
WT-129v3.0.doc)

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments 
to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and 
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you 
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or 
copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all 
copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient 
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. 
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus 
transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
 
_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:35:45 +0200

Menachem,
The ITU-T G.998.2 Ethernet bonding is a pointer to IEEE802.3 EFM bonding (PCS).
Can you clarify how the IETF ADSLMIB WG (focus on G.998.2) and
the IETF HUBMIB WG (focus on 802.3ah) relate and cover the same or different things ?
Thanks,
Frank Van der Putten
Alcatel

Hello Naren,

The current charter of the Working Group is to develop a  VDSL2 MIB according to G.997.1 and to consider the inputs of the
ITU-T and the DSL Forum. Thus xDSL Bonding (G.998.1 and G.998.2) is currently outside the scope of our charter.

The first thing that needs to be established is whether there is anyone else on the Working Group who is interested in xDSL Bonding.
Once we have established that there is enough interest, we can decide how to proceed. If anyone else on the Working Group is interested in
xDSL Bonding and thinks that the Working Group should handle this, please speak up. I would also like to hear from anyone who has objections
to the Working Group pursuing this subject.

However, the focus of the Working Group remains on the current VDSL2 MIB and the editors should be producing the next draft within a few days.

Best Regards,
Menachem Dodge

To

<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

cc

Subject

Hi All,

Regards
Naren

-----Original Message-----

Hi All,

Best Regards,
Menachem

----- Forwarded by Menachem Dodge/ECI Telecom on 16/07/2006 13:18 -----

"Peter Adams"

<p.f.adams@btopen

world.com>
To

15/07/2006 00:47
cc

Subject

Liaison from the DSLF

Dear Menachem,

Regards,

Peter Adams

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com