Subject: [Adslmib] Comments on draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:01:32 +0530

Hello Moti, Menachem,

Please find our comments herewith. 

We would like to co-author the draft and implement the missing
parameters along with Moti and others. Would this be acceptable?

Regards
Veena, Naren

Comments
--------
draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-00.txt comments
Reviewers: Veena, Naren

Generic comment:
For us, there seems to be a major disconnect between what is modeled in
the draft and the input documents. The draft is very similar to the
ADSL2 MIB that has been proposed. The input documents we refer to here
are: ITU-T 993.2 and DSL Forum Working Text WT-129.

Detailed comments

1. VDSL2 supports the definition, of band plans up to 30 MHz to support
a bi-directional net data rate up to 200 Mbit/s. The modeling for band
plans has not been done in the draft. Ideally, the profile definitions
should support the ability to define different band plans.

2. The ranges in the subcarrier status group also need to change to
support more than 512 carriers.

3. It is possible to use US0 band for VDSL2. The draft doesn't provide
modeling for US0 band.

4. VDSL2 requires VTUx to notch simultaneously, 16 arbitrary
operator-defined RFI bands (e.g. HAM bands); This is to blackout
selectively some subcarriers. This is not modeled in the draft.

5. The VDSL2 MIB should support for a MIB-controlled PSD mask mechanism
to provide the ability to define a limit PSD mask.

6. VDSL2 allows to optionally specify if cyclic extension is
allowed/supported or not. The MIB doesn't provide this support.

7. PTM/ATM have been modeled, VDSL2 can use STM also, the MIB should
support this too.

8. The MIB doesn't provide support for enabling/disabling the optional
all-digital mode.

9. The MIB doesn't model the Line Transmission Mode parameters specific
to VDSL2 (e.g. the eight profiles see Table 6-1/G.993.2 - VDSL2 profiles
of ITU-T G993.2).

--
Narendranath Nair
Lead Architect, Network Management,
Wipro Technologies, Keonics Electronics City,
Bangalore - 560 100, India
Tel: +91-80-28520408 Ext. 85338

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:05:54 +0300

Hello Vena, Naren,

       I was at the IETF meeting last week and hence the late response.

      The WG appreciates your comments and reviews and your willingness to
take on the role of co-editor.
I hope that you have read the document "Guidelines to Authors of Internet
Drafts", and assume that you are willing to spend the time and effort
needed in this role.  I need to be able to see that an additional editor,
(I prefer one rather than two), will enhance the quality of the document
and
shorten the time of delivery of each draft. I will discuss this with the
three current editors before giving my decision.

      Please note that you can certainly influence the content of the
document even without being an editor and your work in reviewing
the document will be acknowledged in the "Acknowledgement Section" of the
document.

Best Regards,
Menachem

             <narendranath.nai                                             
             [email-masked]>                                                  
                                                                        To 
             10/07/2006 13:31          <[email-masked]>                  
                                                                        cc 
                                                                           
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Adslmib] Comments on               
                                       draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl2-00.txt     

                                                                           

Hello Moti, Menachem,

Regards
Veena, Naren

Comments
--------

Generic comment:

Detailed comments