Subject: [Adslmib] draft-ietf-adslmib-adsl2-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:02:15 +0300

Hello all,

I've submitted the -08 version to the internet-drafts.

Here are the changes included in this revision compared to -07 version:

1) Revised Adsl2OperationModes: textual convention definition

1.a) Text changed in “2.3.2.  Textual Conventions”
OLD (rev –07 page 8):
      Attributes with this syntax uniquely identify an ADSL mode, which
      is a category associated with each transmission mode defined for
      the ADSL/ADSL2 or ADSL2+ link.  Part of the line configuration
      profile depends on the ADSL Mode:

         defMode (1),         - The default/generic PSD configuration.
                                The default configuration will be used
                                when no other matching mode specific
                                configuration can be found.
         adsl (2),            - ADSL (POTS or ISDN)
         adsl2Pots (3),       - ADSL2 (ISDN)
         adsl2Isdn (4),       - ADSL2 (ISDN)
         adsl2PlusPots (5),   - ADSL2+ (POTS)
         adsl2PlusIsdn (6),   - ADSL2+ (ISDN)
         adsl2ReachExtended (7)- Reach Extended ADSL2
NEW (rev –08 page 8):
      Attributes with this syntax uniquely identify an ADSL mode, which
      is a category associated with each transmission mode defined for
      the ADSL/ADSL2 or ADSL2+ link.  Part of the line configuration
      profile depends on the ADSL Mode:

      Specified as an enumeration construct, there are currently a few
      dozen transmission modes in the list.

1.b) Definition changed in “Textual Conventions” section
OLD (rev –07 page 31):
   Adsl2OperationModes ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
         "The ADSL2 management model specified includes an ADSL Mode
          attribute which identifies an instance of ADSL Mode-Specific
          PSD Configuration object in the ADSL Line Profile.  The
          following classes of ADSL operating mode are defined. "
      SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                     defMode (1),
                     adsl (2),
                     adsl2Pots (3),
                     adsl2Isdn (4),
                     adsl2PlusPots (5),
                     adsl2PlusIsdn (6),
                     adsl2ReachExtended (7)
                  }
NEW (rev –08 pages 30-32):
   Adsl2OperationModes ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
         "The ADSL2 management model specified includes an ADSL Mode
          attribute which identifies an instance of ADSL Mode-Specific
          PSD Configuration object in the ADSL Line Profile.  The
          following classes of ADSL operating mode are defined.
          The notes (F) and (L) denote Full-Rate and Lite/splitterless
          respectively:
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
          | Value |         ADSL operation mode description          |
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
              1   - The default/generic PSD configuration.  Default
                    configuration will be used when no other matching
                    mode specific configuration can be found.
              2   - ADSL family. The attributes included in the Mode-
                    Specific PSD Configuration are irrelevant for
                    ITU-T G.992.1 and G.992.2 ADSL modes.  Hence, it
                    is possible to map those modes to this generic
                    class.
             3-7  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
              8   - G.992.3 POTS non-overlapped (F)
              9   - G.992.3 POTS overlapped (F)
             10   - G.992.3 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             11   - G.992.3 ISDN overlapped (F)
           12-13  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             14   - G.992.4 POTS non-overlapped (L)
             15   - G.992.4 POTS overlapped (L)
           16-17  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             18   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             19   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             20   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             21   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             22   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (L)
             23   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (L)
             24   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 1,
                    wide U/S (F)
             25   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 2,
                    narrow U/S(F)
             26   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 3,
                    wide U/S (F)
             27   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 4,
                    narrow U/S (F)
             28   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             29   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
             30   - G.992.5 POTS non-overlapped (F)
             31   - G.992.5 POTS overlapped (F)
             32   - G.992.5 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             33   - G.992.5 ISDN overlapped (F)
           34-35  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             36   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             37   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             38   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             39   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             40   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             41   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
         "
      SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                     defMode (1),
                     adsl(2),
                     g9923PotsNonOverlapped(8),
                     g9923PotsOverlapped(9),
                     g9923IsdnNonOverlapped(10),
                     g9923isdnOverlapped(11),
                     g9924potsNonOverlapeed(14),
                     g9924potsOverlapped(15),
                     g9923AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(18),
                     g9923AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(19),
                     g9923AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(20),
                     g9923AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(21),
                     g9924AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(22),
                     g9924AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(23),
                     g9923AnnexLMode1NonOverlapped(24),
                     g9923AnnexLMode2NonOverlapped(25),
                     g9923AnnexLMode3Overlapped(26),
                     g9923AnnexLMode4Overlapped(27),
                     g9923AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(28),
                     g9923AnnexMPotsOverlapped(29),
                     g9925PotsNonOverlapped(30),
                     g9925PotsOverlapped(31),
                     g9925IsdnNonOverlapped(32),
                     g9925isdnOverlapped(33),
                     g9925AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(36),
                     g9925AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(37),
                     g9925AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(38),
                     g9925AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(39),
                     g9925AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(40),
                     g9925AnnexMPotsOverlapped(41)
                  }

2) Corrected Adsl2TransmissionModeType: textual convention definition.
In rev –07 pages 28-30 most of the bit position names start with a ‘q’.
In rev –08 pages 28-29 the same bit position names start with a ‘g’.

3) Corrected the REFERENCE of adsl2LineCmndAutomodeColdStart
OLD (rev –07 page 46):
      REFERENCE    "ITU-T G.997.1, paragraph 7.3.1.1.10"
NEW (rev –08 page 47):
      REFERENCE    "ITU-T G.997.1 (amendment 1), 7.3.1.1.10"

4) Corrected the REFERENCE of adsl2SCStatusActAtp
OLD (rev –07 page 66):
      REFERENCE  "ITU-T G.997.1, paragraph 7.5.1.14 (ACTPSDds)
                  and paragraph 7.5.1.15 (ACTPSDus)"
NEW (rev –08 page 67):
      REFERENCE  "ITU-T G.997.1, paragraph 7.5.1.16 (ACTATPds)
                  and paragraph 7.5.1.17 (ACTATPus)"

5) Corrected the DESCRIPTION of adsl2LConfProfScMaskDs
OLD (rev –07 page 76), an equation on last line:
      (NSCds i <= 512)
NEW (rev –08 page 78):
      (NSCds < i <= 512)

6) Corrected the REFERENCE of adsl2LConfProfPsdMaskSelectUs
OLD (rev –07 page 90):
      REFERENCE    "ITU-T G.997.1 (amendment 1), 7.3.1.10"
NEW (rev –08 page 92):
      REFERENCE    "ITU-T G.997.1 (amendment 1), 7.3.1.2.10"

7) Implemented comments made by Dan Romascanu and Bert Wijnen (11-May-2006)

7a) “A couple of nits that lead to the two modules not to compile
correctly”
The involved lines include remarks but the remarks were not preceded by
‘—‘.

7b) “Overview section points wrongly to a section of the document that does
nor exist.”
The new revision refers to MIB-2 Integration (RFC 2863 [RFC2863]) section

7c)  In section 2.9 (Notifications) changed the key-word ‘required’ to
‘REQUIRED’. Also
corrected ‘WarmStart’ to ‘warmStart’

7d) In section 4 (Implementation Analysis) changed the key-word ‘MUST’ to
‘must’.

8) Added more people to section 6 (Acknowledgments)

Best Regards,
Moti Morgenstern

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib