Subject: Re: [Adslmib] proposed change in draft-ietf-adslmib-adsl2-07.txt

From: "Mauro Molinari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:18:08 +0200

Hi Menachen,
            although I agree with the proposed changes to "
adsl2LineConfProfModeSpecTable" in order to reflect all
the variants of ADSL2 / ADSL2plus reported in "
adsl2LConfProfAtuTransSysEna",
I can't understand why we would need an entry in in that table also for
ADSL (G.992.1) and G.lite (G.992.2).

In my opinion in that case the PSDmask is uniquely determined by the
standard and there is no additional information or degree of freedom
using the dedicated mode-specific profiles.

On the other hand using the new proposed  "adsl2LineConfProfModeSpecTable"
including the first 14 value ( 1 to 14 ) requires
the agent to check for consistency.

Regards,
            Mauro Molinari

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:17:53 +0300

Hi Mauro,

Originaly we intended to create a TC that is compatible with the ATSE
values.

On one hand, I see your point.

On the other hand, I think we still should have at least a common value for
all G.992.1/2 variants in case any operator would like to create a mode
specific configuration row (either in adsl2LineConfProfModeSpecTable or in
any vendor specific extension of that table).

So, what do you (and other WG people) think about the following suggestion?
"
NEW:  Adsl2OperationModes ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
         "The ADSL2 management model specified includes an ADSL Mode
          attribute which identifies an instance of ADSL Mode-Specific
          PSD Configuration object in the ADSL Line Profile.  The
          following classes of ADSL operating mode are defined.
          The notes (F) and (L) denote Full-Rate and Lite/splitterless
          respectively:
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
          | Value |         ADSL operation mode description          |
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
              1   - The default/generic PSD configuration.  Default
                    configuration will be used when no other matching
                    mode specific configuration can be found.
              2   - ADSL family. The attributes included in the Mode-
                    Specific PSD Configuration are irrelevant for
                    ITU-T G.992.1 and G.992.2 ADSL modes.  Hence, it
                    is possible to map those modes to this generic class.
             3-7  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
              8   - G.992.3 POTS non-overlapped (F)
              9   - G.992.3 POTS overlapped (F)
             10   - G.992.3 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             11   - G.992.3 ISDN overlapped (F)
           12-13  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             14   - G.992.4 POTS non-overlapped (L)
             15   - G.992.4 POTS overlapped (L)
           16-17  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             18   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             19   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             20   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             21   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             22   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (L)
             23   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (L)
             24   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 1,
                    wide U/S (F)
             25   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 2,
                    narrow U/S(F)
             26   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 3,
                    wide U/S (F)
             27   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 4,
                    narrow U/S (F)
             28   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             29   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
             30   - G.992.5 POTS non-overlapped (F)
             31   - G.992.5 POTS overlapped (F)
             32   - G.992.5 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             33   - G.992.5 ISDN overlapped (F)
           34-35  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             36   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             37   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             38   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             39   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             40   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             41   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
           "
      SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                     defMode (1),
                     adsl(2),
                     q9923PotsNonOverlapped(8),
                     q9923PotsOverlapped(9),
                     q9923IsdnNonOverlapped(10),
                     q9923isdnOverlapped(11),
                     q9924potsNonOverlapeed(14),
                     q9924potsOverlapped(15),
                     q9923AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(18),
                     q9923AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(19),
                     q9923AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(20),
                     q9923AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(21),
                     q9924AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(22),
                     q9924AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(23),
                     q9923AnnexLMode1NonOverlapped(24),
                     q9923AnnexLMode2NonOverlapped(25),
                     q9923AnnexLMode3Overlapped(26),
                     q9923AnnexLMode4Overlapped(27),
                     q9923AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(28),
                     q9923AnnexMPotsOverlapped(29),
                     q9925PotsNonOverlapped(30),
                     q9925PotsOverlapped(31),
                     q9925IsdnNonOverlapped(32),
                     q9925isdnOverlapped(33),
                     q9925AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(36),
                     q9925AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(37),
                     q9925AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(38),
                     q9925AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(39),
                     q9925AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(40),
                     q9925AnnexMPotsOverlapped(41)
                  }
"

Regards,
Moti Morgenstern

             "Mauro Molinari"                                              
             <Mauro.Molinari@m                                             
             arconi.com>                                                To 
                                       <[email-masked]>                  
             24/05/2006 11:18                                           cc 
                                       "Menachem.Dodge"                    
                                       <[email-masked]>,       
                                       [email-masked]               
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [Adslmib] proposed change in    
                                       draft-ietf-adslmib-adsl2-07.txt     

                                                                           

Hi Menachen,

Regards,
            Mauro Molinari

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:57:24 +0300

Hi,

      I would like to thank Mauro for the valid point that he raised.

      Is everyone now satisfied with the proposed change and wording as
found in Moti's email of 24/5 (see below)?

If there are no further comments the document will be updated as proposed.
The final date for comments is Tuesday 6th June.

Thank you kindly.

Best Regards,
Menachem

             Moti.Morgenstern@                                             
             ecitele.com                                                   
                                                                        To 
             24/05/2006 17:17          "Mauro Molinari"                    
                                       <[email-masked]>        
                                                                        cc 
                                       [email-masked], "Menachem.Dodge"  
                                       <[email-masked]>,       
                                       [email-masked]               
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Re: [Adslmib] proposed change in    
                                       draft-ietf-adslmib-adsl2-07.txt     

                                                                           

Hi Mauro,

Regards,
Moti Morgenstern

             "Mauro Molinari"
             <Mauro.Molinari@m
             arconi.com>                                                To
                                       <[email-masked]>
             24/05/2006 11:18                                           cc
                                       "Menachem.Dodge"

Hi Menachen,

Regards,
            Mauro Molinari