Subject: [Adslmib] proposed change in draft-ietf-adslmib-adsl2-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:53:07 +0300

Hi,

 The editors of the Adsl2 MIB would like to make an additional change to
the draft and wish to get WG comments regarding this issue. If anyone has
any comments to make regarding this change, I would like to hear from them,
as soon as possible so that the issues can be discussed and the document
can progress to publication.
I will accept comments on this issue until Tuesday 6th June.

The change is outlined below:

The change is to the TC, Adsl2OperationModes. This TC was initially defined
with only 7 modes however this is
now seen as not being adequate. For each bit position in
Adsl2TransmissionModeType TC a matching value is needed in the
Adsl2OperationModes TC so that it is possible to distinguish between
different Operation Modes.

For example, if the user enables both "ADSL2 POTS Overlapped" and "ADSL2
POTS Non-Overlapped" bits in adsl2LConfProfAtuTransSysEna object then he
will need two entries in the adsl2LineConfProfModeSpecTable at least for
specifying two different PSD masks (e.g., adsl2LConfProfPsdMaskDs/Us).
Currently the TC has only a single value for ADSL2 POTS so it doesn't
support this.

The suggested change involves the following modifications:

Part #1
Page 8: Instead of the description:
"
Adsl2OperationModes:

OLD:  Attributes with this syntax uniquely identify an ADSL mode, which
      is a category associated with each transmission mode defined for
      the ADSL/ADSL2 or ADSL2+ link.  Part of the line configuration
      profile depends on the ADSL Mode:

         defMode (1),         - The default/generic PSD configuration.
                                The default configuration will be used
                                when no other matching mode specific
                                configuration can be found.
         adsl (2),            - ADSL (POTS or ISDN)
         adsl2Pots (3),       - ADSL2 (ISDN)
         adsl2Isdn (4),       - ADSL2 (ISDN)
         adsl2PlusPots (5),   - ADSL2+ (POTS)
         adsl2PlusIsdn (6),   - ADSL2+ (ISDN)
         adsl2ReachExtended (7)- Reach Extended ADSL2
"
We will use the description:
"
Adsl2OperationModes:

NEW:  Attributes with this syntax uniquely identify an ADSL mode, which
      is a category associated with each transmission mode defined for
      the ADSL/ADSL2 or ADSL2+ link.  Part of the line configuration
      profile depends on the ADSL Mode:

      Specified as an enumeration construct, there are currently a few
      dozen transmission modes in the list.
"

Part #2
Page 31: Instead of the definition:
"
OLD:  Adsl2OperationModes ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
         "The ADSL2 management model specified includes an ADSL Mode
          attribute which identifies an instance of ADSL Mode-Specific
          PSD Configuration object in the ADSL Line Profile.  The
          following classes of ADSL operating mode are defined. "
      SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                     defMode (1),
                     adsl (2),
                     adsl2Pots (3),
                     adsl2Isdn (4),
                     adsl2PlusPots (5),
                     adsl2PlusIsdn (6),
                     adsl2ReachExtended (7)
                  }
"
We will use the definition:
"
NEW:  Adsl2OperationModes ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS      current
      DESCRIPTION
         "The ADSL2 management model specified includes an ADSL Mode
          attribute which identifies an instance of ADSL Mode-Specific
          PSD Configuration object in the ADSL Line Profile.  The
          following classes of ADSL operating mode are defined.
          The notes (F) and (L) denote Full-Rate and Lite/splitterless
          respectively:
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
          | Value |         ADSL operation mode description          |
          +-------+--------------------------------------------------+
              1   - The default/generic PSD configuration.  Default
                    configuration will be used when no other matching
                    mode specific configuration can be found.
              2   - Regional Std. (ANSI T1.413) (F)
              3   - Regional Std. (ETSI DTS/TM06006) (F)
              4   - G.992.1 POTS non-overlapped (F)
              5   - G.992.1 POTS overlapped (F)
              6   - G.992.1 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
              7   - G.992.1 ISDN overlapped (F)
              8   - G.992.1 TCM-ISDN non-overlapped (F)
              9   - G.992.1 TCM-ISDN overlapped (F)
             10   - G.992.2 POTS non-overlapped (L)
             11   - G.992.2 POTS overlapped (L)
             12   - G.992.2 with TCM-ISDN non-overlapped (L)
             13   - G.992.2 with TCM-ISDN overlapped (L)
             14   - G.992.1 TCM-ISDN symmetric (F)
           15-19  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             20   - G.992.3 POTS non-overlapped (F)
             21   - G.992.3 POTS overlapped (F)
             22   - G.992.3 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             23   - G.992.3 ISDN overlapped (F)
           24-25  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             26   - G.992.4 POTS non-overlapped (L)
             27   - G.992.4 POTS overlapped (L)
           28-29  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             30   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             31   - G.992.3 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             32   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             33   - G.992.3 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             34   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (L)
             35   - G.992.4 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (L)
             36   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 1,
                    wide U/S (F)
             37   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS non-overlapped, mode 2,
                    narrow U/S(F)
             38   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 3,
                    wide U/S (F)
             39   - G.992.3 Annex L POTS overlapped, mode 4,
                    narrow U/S (F)
             40   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             41   - G.992.3 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
             42   - G.992.5 POTS non-overlapped (F)
             43   - G.992.5 POTS overlapped (F)
             44   - G.992.5 ISDN non-overlapped (F)
             45   - G.992.5 ISDN overlapped (F)
           46-47  - Unused. Reserved for future ITU-T specification.
             48   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             49   - G.992.5 Annex I All-Digital overlapped (F)
             50   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital non-overlapped (F)
             51   - G.992.5 Annex J All-Digital overlapped (F)
             52   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS non-overlapped (F)
             53   - G.992.5 Annex M POTS overlapped (F)
           "
      SYNTAX      INTEGER {
                     defMode (1),
                     ansit1413(2),
                     etsi(3),
                     q9921PotsNonOverlapped(4),
                     q9921PotsOverlapped(5),
                     q9921IsdnNonOverlapped(6),
                     q9921isdnOverlapped(7),
                     q9921tcmIsdnNonOverlapped(8),
                     q9921tcmIsdnOverlapped(9),
                     q9922potsNonOverlapeed(10),
                     q9922potsOverlapped(11),
                     q9922tcmIsdnNonOverlapped(12),
                     q9922tcmIsdnOverlapped(13),
                     q9921tcmIsdnSymmetric(14),
                     q9923PotsNonOverlapped(20),
                     q9923PotsOverlapped(21),
                     q9923IsdnNonOverlapped(22),
                     q9923isdnOverlapped(23),
                     q9924potsNonOverlapeed(26),
                     q9924potsOverlapped(27),
                     q9923AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(30),
                     q9923AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(31),
                     q9923AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(32),
                     q9923AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(33),
                     q9924AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(34),
                     q9924AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(35),
                     q9923AnnexLMode1NonOverlapped(36),
                     q9923AnnexLMode2NonOverlapped(37),
                     q9923AnnexLMode3Overlapped(38),
                     q9923AnnexLMode4Overlapped(39),
                     q9923AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(40),
                     q9923AnnexMPotsOverlapped(41),
                     q9925PotsNonOverlapped(42),
                     q9925PotsOverlapped(43),
                     q9925IsdnNonOverlapped(44),
                     q9925isdnOverlapped(45),
                     q9925AnnexIAllDigNonOverlapped(48),
                     q9925AnnexIAllDigOverlapped(49),
                     q9925AnnexJAllDigNonOverlapped(50),
                     q9925AnnexJAllDigOverlapped(51),
                     q9925AnnexMPotsNonOverlapped(52),
                     q9925AnnexMPotsOverlapped(53)
                  }
"

Best Regards,

Menachem

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: "Mauro Molinari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:48:07 +0200

Hi Moti,
        I agree with your rational to keep at least one common value for
all G.992.1/2 variants.

So, I'm confortable with your last proposal and I'd like to thank you for
your  effort in writing the final text .

Any other comment from WG people?

Regards,
            Mauro Molinari.