Subject: [AAA-WG]: RFC 4590 on RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication (fwd)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4590

        Title:      RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication 
        Author:     B. Sterman, D. Sadolevsky,
                    D. Schwartz, D. Williams,
                    W. Beck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 67181
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4590.txt

This document defines an extension to the Remote Authentication
Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol to enable support of Digest
Authentication, for use with HTTP-style protocols like the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) and HTTP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute