Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter base protocol messages used by DCCA

From: "Glen Zorn (gwz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:58:41 -0700

In the process of attempting to construct a MIB for the credit control
application, I have been trying to figure out which messages from
Diameter base are used by DCCA, so that they can be counted
appropriately.  Some are obvious: STR/STA & RAR/RAA, for example.  One
has me rather puzzled, though: the AAR/AAA exchange is explicitly listed
in the first state machine in section 7 as being sent/received by the
CCA client, but the AVPs allowed in AAR/AAA are not listed in section 10
(though the APS for RAR/RAA ARE).  Does the CCA client actually
send/receive AAR/AAA (i.e., should the be counted in the DCCA MIB) or
not?

~gwz

Treat the Earth well. 
It was not given to you by your parents.
It was loaned to you by your children.
  -- Kenyan Proverb

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.
  -- Chief Seattle