Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Error Handling

From: "Paulo Rolo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:28:29 +0100

Hello all,

I have some questions regarding diameter error handling behavior, which
I was unable to check on rfc 3588:

- should diameter server, when replying with a message with E bit set,
include all the AVPs from received request? (as far as I know, some
diameter implementations do this on redirect messages)

- this applies both to redirect and protocol and application errors? 

- what is the meaning of *[AVP] on answer-message format?

            <answer-message> ::= < Diameter Header: code, ERR [PXY] >

                     0*1< Session-Id >

                        { Origin-Host }

                        { Origin-Realm }

                        { Result-Code }

                        [ Origin-State-Id ]

                        [ Error-Reporting-Host ]

                        [ Proxy-Info ]

                      * [ AVP ]

Regards,

Paulo Rolo

 

________________________________

From: selina [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: quinta-feira, 11 de Maio de 2006 14:03
To: Paulo Rolo
Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Redirect Behaviour

Hi,Paulo:

Please see my comments in line.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Paulo Rolo
> Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:34 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Redirect Behaviour
> 
> Hello, 

> I have some questions regarding diameter redirect behavior: 

> 1) Redirect reply message should be of the type request or reply? For
example, if redirect agent receives an UAR it  

> should reply with a UAR or with a UAA, performing the redirect
actions? 

I think redirect reply message should be of the type reply,I mean reply
message is the answer message,you can read the RFC3588,section 6.1.7

> 2) If Redirect-Host-Usage AVP is used with a value of ALL_USER, how
this is reflected on diameter routing table? As  

> routing table only concerns realms and apps, should this routing entry
be cached in an implementation specific table 

> and this table used prior checking diameter routing table? 

If the Redirect-Host-Usage AVP's value is ALL_USER,I think it means all
message from any user should be sent to the host specified in the
Redirect-Host AVP.This is my consideration,and how do you think?

Selina

Thanks

> Thanks in advance, 

> Paulo Rolo