Subject: [AAA-WG]: pre-version -12: Diameter SIP application

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:14:42 +0300

Hi:

Here we go again. I have been updating the Diameter SIP application with 
the latest comments from the IESG, including the removal of the nonce 
generation in the Diameter client.

Before submitting this to the I-D Administrator, I would like people to 
take a look at the changes, and feel that we are happy with them. I will 
do one more pass to verify that I have addressed all the IESG comments.

The preliminary version of the draft:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/pre-draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-12.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/pre-draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-12.html

Track changes with respect version -11:
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/pre/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-11-to-12.html

And the list of changes:
- Addressing an IESG comment:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_comment&id=46495

- The term SIP server is well defined in RFC 3261 as a network
   entity (proxy, redirect, registrar, etc.) Although this is clear to
   the editor, a bit of strength has been added to the introduction
   section to stress that point.

- Added some discusion about the intention of the
   SIP-Server-Capabilities AVP and its relation to RFC 3263.

- Removed the generation of nonces in the Diameter client. This turned
   out to remove sections and quite a few paragraphs. Also, some
   Grouped AVPs (SIP-Authenticate, SIP-Authorization, and
   SIP-Authentication-Info) have change: some of the inner AVPs now are
   again mandatory (used to be optional due to the possibility of
   nonces generated in the Diameter client).

- Added a clarification on the usage of quotes and expanded characters
   inside HTTP Directives.

Please, comment if you are happy or not, but comment.

BR,

        Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland