Subject: [AAA-WG]: Review of RADIUS Digest-07 Document

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:04:19 -0800 (PST)

A new version of the RADIUS Digest document has been submitted in response 
to IETF last call and IESG DISCUSS comments. Until the specification ends 
up on the archive, it is available here: 
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-07.txt

When it ends up on the archive, it will be available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-07.txt

Please examine this new version of the document to see whether it 
addresses the open issues, which were filed on the RADEXT WG issues list: 
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/

These include the following:

Issue #             Title                              Owner

---------- ------------------------- ---------------------- 
150           IANA Considerations          John Loughney
151           Another review               Kurt Zeilenga
152           Review                       Alexey Melnikov
159           Negotiation                  Wolfgang Beck
162           Nonce Replay Issue           Wolfgang Beck
173           Client Nonce Generation      Sam Hartman
174           Review                       Russ Housley
175           Some NITs                    Bert Wijnen

In particular, the following questions should have been addressed:

* Handling of client/server nonce generation (comments from Sam Hartman, 
  Glen Zorn and others) 
* Extensibility for new algorithms (Russ Housley)
* Editorial comments (many)