Subject: [6lowpan] WG Last Call on Format Document

From: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:33:05 -0600

Folks,
  This note formally starts the WG Last Call for comments on
draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-03, "Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE
802.15.4 Networks draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-03".

The document can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-03.txt

The document is intended to be submitted by this Working Group to the
IESG for publication as an Proposed Standard Document.

Please review the document carefully (one last time), and send your
comments to the 6lowpan list.  Please also indicate in your response
whether or not you think this document is ready to go to the IESG.

This Last Call will end on Wednesday 02 August 2006 at 2359 UTC.

        Thanks,
                Geoff & Carsten

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:05:04 -0700

Gabriel,

As I pointed out in Montreal, Figure 8 and 9 must
be clarified to have Non-Compressed fields which
is not limited length.

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| HC1 encoding  |     Non-Compressed fields follow...           |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Figure 8: LOWPAN_HC1 (common compressed header encoding)

CHANGE TO:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| HC1 encoding  |     Non-Compressed fields follow...           
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|HC_UDP encoding|     Fields carried in-line follow...          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Figure 9: HC_UDP (UDP common compressed header encoding)

CHANGE TO:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|HC_UDP encoding|     Fields carried in-line follow...          
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Otherwise, I believe it is ready to the IESG. Good job.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:25:47 -0700 (PDT)

Yes. I actually did that change in the draft already as a result of your pointing this out.
But this is so minor, and I expect that during WG LC we will get more comments, that I
have not submitted the version with this minor fix.
 
-gabriel

----- Original Message ----
From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
To: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>; 6lowpan <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:05:04 PM
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] WG Last Call on Format Document

Gabriel,

CHANGE TO:

CHANGE TO: