Subject: [6lowpan] Comments on the Format-02 document

From: "Samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:45:12 -0700

Hello Gabriel:

Here are some comments on the latest version of the format document.
Hope they are not too late.

Thanks,
-Samita

Nits:

Typo in Introduction:

Likewise, the provisions required for packet delivery in IEEE
802.15.4meshes  <is> defined.

Section 2.

"As usual, hosts learn IPv6 prefixes via router advertisements ([
I-D.ietf-ipv6-2461bis])."

Does it make sense to mention about ND for lowpan work in this context as
well ?

Section 4 ( Reassembly):

Each fragment contains "datagram_size" and datagram_tag and offset.

Should "datagram_size" be replaced by "fragment_size" for the fragmented

packets ? Is there anyway, during re-assembly one would know about the

fragment payload size ? Note that the offset and datagram_size do not

provide the info on the current fragment size.

Section 7.

Please have a subheading for defining the IPv6 SLLA, TLLA option formats.

On the first look, it is a bit confusing as it seems IPv6 unicast address

mapping from the 802.15.4 short and long addresses.

Section 8.

Please clarify that multicast 802.15.4 address is 16bit address.

Q: Can IETF specify such L2 addressing and specification ? Is there

any plan on IEEE to accomodate this feature?

The rest looks ok to me. The header compression part is a bit tricky

and complex. Should this draft suggest a default header compression

scheme for a suggestion to the implementors?
_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan