Subject: [6lowpan] routing protocol comments

From: Pere Salvatella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:27:21 +0200

Dear all,

I'm currently working on routing protocols at sensor networks following the 
guidelines marked by 6lowpan WG.

I have continued with interest the evolutions of routing protocols indicated 
in both drafts LOAD and DYMO, 
and precisely I would like to denote the recent expiration of the draft 
describing the last one of these protocols. 

This initial draft DYMO-low-routing-00 expired last April 15, without no 
reference since its publication in this list. The only reference was
some discussion on list stating the benefits offered by DYMO. The only 
reference in this list was a brief discussion to determine the advantages 
among the above mentioned protocol and the solution offered by LOAD, without 
any technical discussion that brings over of its functionality and 
specifications. Is there any interest on continuing ther work with Dymo-low ?

Also I would like to give some comments related to the above mentioned 
protocol considering inaccuracies with the usage of sequence numbers.
draft-montenegro-6lowpan-dymo-low-routing-00 (Section 4.7 ):
	This section states that the sequence numbers follow DYMO's 
directives, nevertheless in the definition of the Routing Table structure 
lacks 
on a specific field to store information relative to the above mentioned 
parameter. As well I think it should be most accurately described on the way 
they should be used.

As well, is there any directive on how to add sequence numbers on LOAD specs? 
last comments point out that this functionality should be necessary 
to prevent routing loops if we want to use local repair functionality

Sincerely

-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:09:01 +0900

Pere - Please see my comments inline.

> specifications. Is there any interest on continuing ther work with Dymo-low ?

This item is beyond a scope existing 6lowpan charter at this stage. That will 
be taken care of a rechartering. After then, we will begin a real work. Still, 
it is not mature status at all. So, please be patient at a moment.

> to prevent routing loops if we want to use local repair functionality

Same above. We also have several issues to be resolved by
6lowpan discussion from our evaluation led by Prof. Ki-Hyung Kim.
I will catch up with your comments soon. 

Anyway, thanks your comment and interest.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.