Subject: [16ng] Submission of draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt

From: "Riegel, Maximilian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:49:48 +0200

Dear Editor,

I would like to submit the individual I-D
draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt aimed for discussion in
the 16ng BOF/WG.

        Transmission of IP Packets over Ethernet over IEEE802.16
            draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt

Abstract

   This document describes the special behavior of the Ethernet
   emulation on top of IEEE802.16 to efficiently support the
   transmission of IPv4 as well as IPv6 packets over IEEE802.16 radio
   links.
   Due to resource constraints of radio transmission systems and the
   limitations of the IEEE802.16 MAC layer for the emulation of
   Ethernet, the transmission of IP over an emulated LAN on top of
   IEEE802.16 may considerably benefit by adding IP specific support
   functions within the Ethernet emulation on top of IEEE802.16.

Please fetch the full document by
http://www.max.franken.de/ids/draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-0
0.txt

Kind regards
Max

---

From: "Syam Madanapalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:30:48 +0530

Hello Max,

A couple of questions:

1. It is not clear how this draft fits into the WiMAX Network model.
e.g. In WiMAX all the packets travel to ASN GW before being delivered
to destination i.e. the MAC transport connection is extended all the way
to ASN GW. So I am wondering how this bridging functionality fits into
this kind of architecture.

2. Why cannot the bridge learn the MAC addresses from the establishment of
802.16 MAC connections?

Thank you,
Syam

On 6/19/06, Riegel, Maximilian <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 16ng mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://eeca16.sogang.ac.kr/mailman/listinfo/16ng
>