Hints for Presenting Demos
- There should be an architecture poster or slide explaining the
components of the demo.
- Use multiple projectors or screens, if you can. Label screens with
large labels so that viewers can easily tell what screens displays what
- A bunch of telnet windows with text scrolling by does not make for
an effective demo.
- Have demos generate graphs of some sort, showing performance or
- For video demos, finding a scene of interest, with movement, is
helpful. Classical scenery includes a wallclock and an aquarium.
- Have a backup plan for a simpler demo if things don't quite work or
if the network connection fails.
by Henning Schulzrinne