Books and references for bioinformatics:
- N.C., Jones & P.A. Pevzner, "An introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms", MIT Press.
Algorithmic intro; strong on algorithms
D. Mount, "Bioinformatics; Sequence and Genome Analysis", 2nd edition, Cold Spring Harbor Lab Press.
Comprehensive reference book
I. Eidhammer et al, "Protein Bioinformatics", J. Wiley.
Comprehensive, concise reference book
R. Durbin et al, "Biological Sequence Analysis", Cambridge University Press.
Strong on probabilistic sequence analysis
A.M., Campbell, L.J. Heyer, "Discovering Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics", Benjamin Cummings.
A gem; lots of application examples & hands-on discovery
- U. Alon, "An Introduction To Systems Biology; Design Principles of Biological Circuits", Chapman & Hall, 2007.
Superb analysis of regulatory networks.
- B. O., Palsson, "Systems Biology; Properties of Reconstructed Networks", Cambridge University Press, 2006.
Excellent analysis of metabolic networks.
Books and references for Biology:
- B. Alberts et al, "Molecular Biology of The Cell", 4th edition, Garland Science.
R. Horton et al, "Principles of Biochemistry", 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall.
J.D. Watson et al, "Molecular Biology of The Gene", 5th edition, Pearson Benjamin Cummings.
- M. Ptashne, A. Gann, "Genes & Signals", Cold Spring Harbor Lab Press, 2002.
Superb description of regulatory mechanisms with in depth experimental insights.
NCBI Introductory overview: http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/About/primer/index.html
- Animation sites:
More to come .....