Please answer the questions below. Solutions will be posted Thursday before class.
This is meant to be taken as a "closed-book" exam and will not be
graded. Do not turn in the solutions. If you get fewer than
about 70% right, you may want to reconsider taking the class for credit.
- What is CSMA/CD?
- What is the difference between a repeater, a router and a bridge?
- What are important fields in an IP packet?
- What network elements change the IP destination address of an IP
- How many hosts fit into a class-C network?
- What is TCP flow control and how is it implemented?
- What are the steps that a host needs to go through before it can
send a packet to play.cs.columbia.edu? Distinguish the case
where play is on the same LAN and when it is not.
- Sketch the HTTP packet flow needed to get a web page.
- What is 1 XOR 0? 1 XOR 1?
Last modified: 1997-01-21 by Henning Schulzrinne